CAUTION!!! White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles can cause addiction!!! When you pop the first sweet little ball into your mouth, you will want more and more!
Delicious combo of melted white chocolate and dried blueberries roll into irresistible, purple bite-sized balls, will simply melts in your mouth.
For a very long time (with the exception of French Silk Pie ) chocolate didn’t appear on my blog. Since the blog is called Chocolate Desserts, it has become imperative to get the chocolate back in my kitchen in a big way. And that’s how I came up with this simple and easy no bake recipe. Basic ingredient for these creamy truffles was white chocolate.
I know, many of you won’t agree that white chocolate is really chocolate, but for me it is. However white chocolate is an excellent base for this tasty treat.
White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles are essentially melted white chocolate combined with mixture of heavy cream and butter to get a smooth, soft texture and became manageable for rolling into balls.
Since the hot weather is coming I wanted to try some of my favorite no bake recipes using new flavors. I’ve already had white chocolate truffle recipes with lemon and orange flavor. I used the extracts for those two, but this time I didn’t want anything artificial, neither color or flavor, so I used pulverized freeze dried blueberries.
Pulverized blueberry powder can be hard to find and expensive but there is an easy way to make it at home. All you need to do is to pulse FREEZE DRIED blueberries in a food processor or coffee grinder. Berries have to be freeze dried!!! Dried fruit is gummy in texture and will not pulverize into powder.
White Chocolate Blueberry TrufflesINGREDIENTS :
- 9 oz. white chocolate-chopped into very small pieces
- 5 Tablespoons unsalted butter-softened
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1.2 oz. freeze dried blueberries- powdered (pulse FREEZE DRIED blueberries in a food processor or coffee grinder to make the powder)
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- In a small sauce pan simmer heavy cream. Remove from heat, add softened butter and stir until butter is completely melted and combined with heavy cream.
- Add powdered dried blueberries and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Over a double boiler melt chopped white chocolate, stirring casually until smooth and completely melted.
- DO NOT heat above 105 F (if touched with your finger, it will feel about the same temperature as your body).
- Gently stir in lukewarm blueberry mixture into melted chocolate. It should be approximately the same temperature as melted chocolate when you combine them.
- Cool to room temperature, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm enough to roll the balls (2-3 hours or overnight).
- While it’s cooling take it from the fridge and stir with a fork to prevent the fat separate on top. Cover with plastic wrap and place back into the fridge.
You can find complete recipes of this White Chocolate Blueberry Truffles in omgchocolatedesserts.com