Swiss Meringues with White Chocolate Mousse
Makes about 1 dozen
- 6 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 drops red food coloring
- 1 (3.3-ounce) box white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Garnish: fresh raspberries, fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 225°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In top of a double boiler, whisk together egg whites and granulated sugar. Cook over simmering water, whisking frequently, for 3 minutes or until sugar is dissolved and egg whites are warm to the touch.
- Pour egg white mixture into the work bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, and beat at high speed for 8 to 10 minutes or until stiff peaks form; stir in food coloring. Spoon or pipe egg white mixture into 3-inch rounds, making sides slightly higher to resemble a bowl.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Turn oven off (do not open oven door), and leave meringues in oven overnight.
You can find complete recipes of this Swiss Meringues with White Chocolate Mousse in pauladeenmagazine.com