- 1 (18.25-ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 (3-ounce) box strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed and puréed
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting (recipe follows)
- Garnish: sliced fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350˚. Lightly grease 2 (9-inch) round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix and gelatin. Add puréed strawberries, eggs, oil, and ¼ cup water; beat at medium speed with a mixer until smooth. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks. Spread Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with sliced fresh strawberries, if desired. Store cake, covered, in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
You can find complete recipes of this Strawberry Cake in pauladeenmagazine.com