This roasted vegetables recipe uses the best of Autumn vegetables; creamy sweet butternut squash, tender yukon potatoes, juicy zucchini, the sweetest carrots and crisp bell peppers. Mixing the veggies works because the tougher veggies are roasted 10 minutes longer than everything else. You can also change up the veggies. The flavor combination is lovely and the sprinkle of cheese at the end, even lovelier! Roasted vegetables would make a stunning and vibrant Thanksgiving side dish.
My Mama-in-law shared this recipe with us last week and we’ve made it several times already. It’s pretty simple to make but takes a some time to chop everything up. Make Ahead Tip: You can chop all of your veggies a day in advance and refrigerate in ziploc bags overnight. Just be sure to keep your potatoes refrigerated in a bowl of cold water so they don’t change color. If you’re lucky enough to have leftovers: It reheats really well on a pan for lunch the next day and you can puree it to make baby food.
- 6 medium yellow potatoes, unpeeled and sliced into ¾” to 1″ thick pieces
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and sliced into ¾” – 1″ thick pieces
- 2 large carrots, peeled and sliced into ½” thick rounds
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, sliced into ¾” thick rounds
- 2 red, yellow or orange bell peppers, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1.5 Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste
- Freshly grated black pepper, to taste
- Extra light olive oil, or avocado oil, or vegetable oil
- ½ cup shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
What you will need:
- (2) 9×13 metal baking pans or (1) large roasting pan lined with foil.
- Preheat Oven to 450˚F with the oven rack in the center of the oven. Line baking pans with foil and generously grease with about 1 Tbsp olive oil in each pan.
- Start with the vegetables that take longer to bake: place potatoes, butternut squash, carrots and ½ of chopped garlic into a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp olive oil and sprinkle with black pepper and 1 Tbsp garlic salt, or to taste. Stir to coat the veggies evenly. Divide this mixture into your two prepared baking pans and roast uncovered at 450˚F for 10 minutes.
You can find complete recipes of this Roasted Vegetables Recipe in natashaskitchen.com