These raspberry lemon cookies are ultra soft and chewy – quick and easy to make and so tasty everyone loves them. One of the best cookies I’ve made!
Raspberry lemon cookies. That may be all you need to know about this recipe before you rush to the kitchen to immediately make them. If you’re anything like me, that is.
Cookies plus that incredible raspberry lemon combination all in one little treat? Doesn’t get a whole lot better.
Raspberry lemon is one of the few combos that doesn’t involve chocolate that I absolutely adore. These Lemon Raspberry Sweet Rolls are probably one of my favourite breakfast indulgences ever – and it’s because of the raspberry lemon combo. Just so, so good.
hese cookies are amazing. They have been the most popular recipe on my blog since I first posted it a year and a half ago – and for good reason. I haven’t had anyone tell me they don’t like them. A soft, chewy, lemon flavoured cookie filled with raspberries just can’t really be bad!
They can be ugly. I will say that that’s a possibility. Using frozen raspberries in the dough makes for a super sticky cookie dough, so you need to mix them in quickly right at the end, and straight from the freezer to keep it from being just ridiculous. You also need to make sure not to mix the dough too much once you add the raspberries – just a quick mix to incorporate them and leave it at that. If you mix for too long they’ll still taste great, but you won’t get the nice pretty swirls of colour.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, or the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice and mix well, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add the salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour and mix until combined. Add in the raspberries and mix briefly to incorporate them.
You can find complete recipes of this RASPBERRY LEMON COOKIES in bakeeatrepeat.ca