So easy to make and with the right amount of pumpkin flavor, these pumpkin cheesecake bars taste exactly like a cheesecake that crossed paths with a pumpkin pie – the best of both worlds!
We’re right in the middle of the pumpkin season. Although my first pumpkin dessert was made in the heat of June followed by a long break for the rest of summer, now I have cans of pumpkin puree all over the kitchen. On the counter, in the pantry and a can opened in the fridge. I have quite a few recipes I must try this fall and I’m not going to take the peppermint train until I cross all the pumpkin recipes off my list.
First, pumpkin cheesecake bars!
After making chocolate pumpkin bars featuring a layer of pumpkin cheesecake, this time I’m combining both into one super simple dessert – pumpkin cheesecake bars!
These pumpkin cheesecake bars could not be easier to make.
The crust is my go-to 2 ingredients crust – graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Combine, press on the bottom of a 13X9″ baking pan and set aside. No need to pre bake the crust before pouring in the filling.
The filling starts with the classic cheesecake ingredients – cream cheese, sugar and eggs. To that, for the pumpkin layer you’ll need pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spices.
Remember, to ensure the cheesecake filling is smooth and silky, it is very important to have both eggs and cream cheese at room temperature. You also have to keep in mind a light beating is all it’s needed. If you over-mix the cheesecake filling you’ll most likely end up with cracks.
- 1 1/2 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese , softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup (8 oz) canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- whipped cream
- pumpkin pie spice
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Line a 13X9 baking pan with parchment paper leaving about 1 inch of paper hanging on the sides.
- In a medium size bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter.
- With your fingers press the crust on the bottom of the prepared pan. Set aside while making the filling.
- In the mixing bowl of your stand-up mixer , add the cream cheese and sugar. With the paddle attachment on, beat on low speed until light and fluffy.
You can find complete recipes of this PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE BARS RECIPE in atreatsaffair.com