We are excited to add a delicious new recipe to our site: Pink Lemonade Cake from scratch! Yummm! This cake is so moist and full of lemony goodness. Our lemon cream cheese frosting compliments this flavorful cake perfectly, making this a dessert that we will turn to for summertime gatherings for years to come. In fact, I have a feeling that I’ll be making this cake year-round…it’s just that good! I hope you enjoy it too!
Like many of our scratch recipes, this cake is made using the Reverse Creaming Method of mixing. This method refers to the order that ingredients are added, which is a bit different than the traditional way. We spell everything out clearly in our Recipe, but if you’d like a bit more information, we have a free tutorial on the method here!: Reverse Creaming Method of Mixing.
We frosted our Pink Lemonade Cake with one of my favorite frostings: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting. Click here to find the recipe: Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting.
Enjoy the Recipe!
- 2 1/2 cups (285g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon (12g) baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 T) (169g) unsalted butter….Cut into 1/2 inch slices onto waxed paper to soften slightly (still very cool to the touch). If it becomes too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes. Do not soften in microwave
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (190g) frozen pink lemonade concentrate (thawed) ( if you cannot find pink, you can use regular frozen lemonade)
- 1/2 cup (121g) milk
- 1 Tablespoon (10g) lemon extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- pink coloring gel, if you want the cake layers to be pink….we used AmeriColor Deep Pink
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour two 8 x 2 inch round pans
- In the bowl of your mixer add the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Whisk to combine dry ingredients for 30 seconds.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, Pink Lemonade concentrate, lemon extract, zest & milk.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the slices of butter a few pieces at a time to the dry ingredients. Increase the mixer to medium speed and beat until the dry ingredients look crumbly like coarse sand. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Method is important when using Reverse Creaming. With the mixer on low speed SLOWLY ADD 1/2 of the egg mixture, increase to medium speed for 1 1/2 minutes. The batter will become thick and fluffy. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Add the remaining egg mixture in 2 pourings, beating for 20 seconds after each addition.
You can find complete recipes of this PINK LEMONADE CAKE FROM SCRATCH in mycakeschool.com