Oreo Cookies are THE most popular store-bought cookie in America. That is pretty impressive for a cookie that first came on the market over a hundred years ago in 1912. But maybe not surprising since Oreo Cookies are a very yummy guilty pleasure! They were a natural mix-in for our Sweet and Salty Popcorn series and so we’d like to introduce our newest popcorn recipe — Oreo Cookie Popcorn — and boy is it delicious.
- 10 Cups of Popped Popcorn
- 3 tbsp. Butter (Sweet Cream, Salted)
- 3 cups Mini Marshmallows
- Mini Oreo Cookies
- Start with approximately 10 cups of popcorn. Make sure you get out all of the un-popped kernels. You don’t want to bite down on one of those! We pop our popcorn on the stove but you can use air-popped or microwave. Once you have the popcorn made, salt it liberally. It is so nice to taste the salty with the sweet marshmallow coating. Not quite like Kettle Corn but close.
- To make the Marshmallow Mixture for the Oreo Cookie Popcorn, melt 3 tablespoons of butter in a medium sauce pan. Once the butter is melted, add 3 cups of mini marshmallows. Stir until the marshmallows are melted. Turn off the heat as soon as the last marshmallow has melted.
- For our Oreo Cookie Popcorn we bought a bag of Oreo Minis. Break apart some of the Mini Oreos – we used about a cup of Oreo pieces in our popcorn. We did it by hand and broke each cookie into 2 or 3 pieces. We didn’t want a lot of cookie dust mixed in our popcorn so that is why we didn’t use a rolling pin or a food processor.
- Toss the Oreo pieces in with the popcorn.
- Slowly pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn and the Oreo Cookie pieces. Gently fold the marshmallow mixture in with the popcorn until the popcorn is mostly covered.
- The amount of marshmallow mixture you want to add is really up to your own taste. The more you add, the stickier the popcorn will be so we suggest that you add it a bit at a time, stir the popcorn and give it a taste before you add more.
You can find complete recipes of this OREO COOKIE POPCORN in twosisterscrafting.com