Hi everyone! We have spent a lot of time experimenting in the kitchen lately in search of the BEST scratch Orange Dreamsicle Cake. I’m excited to announce that we have found it, and this cake recipe belongs in your Recipe Box too!
Our Orange Dreamsicle Cake truly lives up to it’s name, it tastes exactly like a Dreamsicle. This light, flavorful citrus cake couldn’t be more perfect for summer gatherings. The flavor is amazing, and the orange filling and orange cream cheese frosting are the perfect compliment.
We’ll leave our cake recipe below along with links to the Orange filling & Orange Cream Cheese frosting that we loved so much. I’m sure other frosting combinations would work well also, but these were wonderful.
- 2 1/2 cups (285g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon (3g) salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoon (12g) baking powder
- 1 1/2 sticks (12 T) (169g) unsalted butter….Cut into 1/2 inch slices onto waxed paper to soften slightly (still very cool to the touch. If it becomes too soft, refrigerate for a few minutes. Do not soften in microwave
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup (190g) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup (121g) milk
- 1 Tablespoon (10g) orange extract
- zest of 1 orange
- Orange Coloring Gel (optional) We used a small amount.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees (This Recipe uses the Reverse Creaming Method of Mixing.)
- Grease and flour two 8 x 2 inch round pans.
- In the bowl of your mixer add the dry ingredients, flour, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, add the eggs, orange juice concentrate, milk, orange extract and zest.
- With the mixer on low speed, add the slices of butter a few pieces at a time to the dry ingredients. Increase the mixer to medium speed and beat until the dry ingredients look crumbly and moistened. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl.
You can find complete recipes of this ORANGE DREAMSICLE CAKE RECIPE in mycakeschool.com