Plan a perfect afternoon tea with this wonderful cake recipe. An outstandingly delicious tea- time orange cake recipe that is bursting with flavor and is soft and fluffy as a cloud !! This cake never last that long in my house. 🙂
Don’t you agree there is something special about oranges? Guess what? This bright and juicy, citrus-y fruit reminds me of winters. Summer brings succulent mangoes and winters brings a wide variety of ripe oranges. Among all the varieties of citrus-y fruits – clementines are my favorites. Whether be a glass full of fresh-squeezed orange juice or enjoying them as is – I just love oranges. There’s nothing more comforting than sitting by a sunny window and enjoy fresh oranges in winters. Yum and delicious!!
Surprisingly, my recent trip to the grocery store yielded some fresh oranges and now I am all up for making a simple yet flavorful orange cake recipe. Yes, an outstandingly delicious and beautiful tea- time orange cake recipe. 🙂
- 1.5 cup Cake flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3 large Eggs
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoon Sugar
- 1.5 – 2 tablespoon Fresh orange zest (*see notes above)
- 2 tablespoon Fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup Soften butter
- Assemble dry ingredients. Preheat oven @ 350 degree F.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Set it aside.
- Assemble wet ingredients.
- Vanilla essence and milk.
- For orange zest- Rub the orange along the side of the grater. Rub it slowly and carefully so that you do not scrape your fingers.
- Cut a orange in half and squeeze out its juice. Set it aside.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Creaming incorporates air into this mixture.
- Add eggs one by one.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Pour in milk and vanilla essence. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended.
You can find complete recipes of this Orange Cake Recipe in uchiskitchen.com