This dish is easy to make and tastes just like the real thing. I served it to my husband without telling him that I made a low carb version and he had no idea. Once I told him, he was even more impressed. Here is a little hint about the “noodles”… The noodle recipe also makes an amazing pizza crust.
For the “Noodles”
- 2 Eggs
- 4 oz. Cream Cheese – Softened
- ¼ Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
- 1 ¼ Cup Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
- 1/4 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Onion Powder
For the Filling
- 1 lb. Ground Beef
- 1 ½ Cups Three Cheese Marinara Sauce, Divided
- ¾ Cup Mozzarella Cheese – Shredded
- 6 Tbs. Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Tbs. Minced Onion
- 1 tsp. Dried Oregano
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Basil
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- For the “Noodles” – This part will take the longest so feel free to make the “noodles” the night before and just leave them in the fridge until you are ready for them.Preheat oven to 375° Line a 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together cream cheese and eggs.
- Next, add Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and onion powder. Mix until all ingredients are well combined. Using a rubber spatula, fold in mozzarella cheese and mix until well incorporated.
You can find complete recipes of this “Just Like The Real Thing” LASAGNA!! in peaceloveandlowcarb.com