These avocados are stuffed with a flavorful southwest mixture of tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro. No mayo necessary here!
I was making this recipe two times a week for months before I wrote this post. I came up with it one day based on what I had lying around in the kitchen and immediately fell in love. It was my absolute favorite lunch. You aren’t supposed to eat tuna more than twice a week otherwise I probably would have eaten it every day. Not only is it easy to make, it’s also healthy.
But wait a second, why was I not sharing the lunch I was eating two times a week? Is it too simple? I mean, I can’t lie, it’s incredibly simple, but guys, it’s magical. This is just such a tasty lunch! You need this in your life. I have links to more of my favorite tuna stuffed avocados that you can check out below, but this one is the original love of my lunch.
This is straight up healthy. You mix in a bit of the avocado itself to add that creamy factor you need. This is an easy, tasty lunch, snack, or even dinner. I ate two, but you could totally get away with eating one for a light lunch or snack.
- 4 avocados, halved and pitted
- 3 (4.5 oz) cans tuna, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- salt and pepper
- Scoop out some of the avocado from the pitted area to widen the “bowl” area.
- Place the scooped avocado into a medium-size
- mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork.
- Add the tuna, bell pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro to the mixing bowl.
- Pour lime juice over. Stir it all together until everything is well mixed.
- Scoop the tuna into the avocado bowls.
- Season with salt and pepper.
You can find complete recipes of this HEALTHY TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO in thestayathomechef.com