Made with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry, this Easy Vegetable Pot Pie can be on the table for dinner in under an hour
Happy Pi Day y’all!
So in exactly one year from today my girl Julie is getting married! So a whole group of us have joined up to do a little partying today to mark the anniversary. And how else can you party on #PiDay than with pie??
So I decided to go the savory route with my pie. I thought about doing a sweet pie. I had picked out an old fashioned peanut butter pie & everything. But then we needed to eat dinner. And I needed a pie. It was the whole two birds, one stone thing 😉
Easy Vegetable Pot PieIngredients
- 2 tubes (8 ounces/8 rolls) refrigerated crescent rolls
- about 2 teaspoons of mixed dried seasonings, divided – I used thyme, garlic powder, parsley & oregano
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) cream of potato soup
- 1 can (10.5 ounces) cream of celery soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 bags (12 ounces) frozen vegetable soup mix*, thawed
- salt & pepper to season
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- additional dried thyme for seasoning
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9-inch pie dish.
- Unroll one tube of crescent rolls. Separate the dough into 8 triangles. Place in the pie plate & press over the bottom and up the sides to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the dried seasoning mix over the crust. Bake the crust for 6 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- While the crust is baking, in a large saucepan, mix both soups, milk, vegetables & the remaining teaspoon of seasonings. Season with salt & pepper. Heat over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Pour the vegetable mixture over the crust in the pie dish.
You can find complete recipes of this Easy Vegetable Pot Pie in momstestkitchen.com