If you’re anything like me you use your crockpot at least once a week during the winter. Heck maybe in the summer as well. Anyhow, mine doesn’t leave my counter during the winter months. Most weeks I use it twice.
This past week I made potato soup. It was exactly what I was looking for. Rich, creamy and filling. Perfect for a cold winter night.
- 1 32 oz bag Frozen Hash Browns Cubed
- 1 32 oz box chicken broth low sodium can be used
- 1 can (10oz) cream of chicken soup do not add water
- 1 8oz package cream cheese not fat free
- 3 oz bacon bits
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-2 pinches salt and pepper to taste
- Put the hash browns in the crockpot.
- Add in the chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and half of the bacon bits.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until potatoes are tender.
- An hour before serving, cut the cream cheese into small cubes.
- Place the cubes in the crock pot. Mix a few times throughout the hour before serving.
- Once the cream cheese is completely mixed in, it’s ready to serve.
- Top with cheddar cheese and some additional bacon bits.
You can find complete recipes of this EASY CROCKPOT POTATO SOUP in leahwithlove.com