Double Chocolate Pancakes are no different from your favorite double chocolate cake. These can even serve as a birthday morning cake when you place a candle on its top. True chocolate lovers will immediately want to indulge in these very tempting chocolate loaded pancakes.
I know pancakes are eaten for breakfast and they are normally not chocolaty. But imagination doesn’t have limits, you can create zillions of varieties when you have a sweet tooth that is hard to satisfy. I’m not going to say these are healthy but we can break the rules once in a blue moon to spoil ourselves a bit. If you don’t agree and still think that it’s crazy to have this out-of-this world chocolate pancakes for breakfast, then go check our Egg and Potato Stuffed Bell Peppers to turn your breakfast into a feast.
If you like eating sweet in the morning, these pancakes can take you to the heaven on a Sunday morning breakfast when the whole family is around the table. You can decrease the calories by sharing these pancakes with everyone. And you will all feel above the clouds.
These double chocolate pancakes are more like a dessert, so it’s up to you to have these in the morning or at five oc’clock tea in the afternoon. Besides the cocoa powder, the pancake batter has some chocolate chips and the pancakes are topped with chocolate ganache which makes these double chocolate flavored and thus divine.
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1 and 1/3 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raspberries for garnish
- 100ml heavy cream
- 100g chocolate chips
- Start with making chocolate ganache so that it cools down until you finish frying pancakes. Heat heavy cream in a saucepan. Remove from heat once it simmers. You can watch the ganache video above.
- Pour over chocolate chips and let it sit for 5 minutes without stirring. Then whisk them well until it turns into a smooth and silky ganache. Wait it until it reaches room temperature before pouring it over pancakes.
- To make pancakes, in a medium bowl whisk together egg and sugar until creamy. Add in milk and sunflower oil, whisk until combined well.
- In another bowl whisk dry ingredients and sift it into the wet ingredients. Whisk until combined well. IT will be a thick batter. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Heat a pano ver medium heat and either spread a little butter over it or brush with a little sunflower oil.
- Scoop the batter onto the panusing a 1/4 cup for each pancake.
You can find complete recipes of this DOUBLE CHOCOLATE PANCAKES in giverecipe.com