Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices are thick slices of Fuji apples covered in melted chocolate, drizzled with caramel and topped with nuts.
Happy Fall y’all! I can’t believe it’s already here. I’m so excited for cooler weather and all the delicious Fall flavors!
That brings me to today’s recipe which is made with one of the best fruits of Fall – APPLES! And what’s better than a candied apple!
Have you ever had a candy apple but wished there was a little more “candy” in each bite? Problem solved! These candy apples are covered with all of the ingredients in my favorite candy – chocolate turtles.
- 2 very large Fuji apples
- 3 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used Nestle)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup caramels, melted (I used Kraft caramels)
- Chopped pecans
- Popsicle sticks
- Slice apples into 1/2″ pieces. With a knife make a little slit in the bottom of each apple slice to make it easier to insert a popsicle stick.
- Melt chips in the microwave on high for about 2 minutes.* Stir in coconut oil until smooth. Dip apple slices in chocolate and place on parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place caramels in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds.* Do NOT overheat. Stir until smooth. Drizzle melted caramel over chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
You can find complete recipes of this Chocolate Turtle Apple Slices in momlovesbaking.com