As a food blogger, I don’t repeat recipes very often. I’ve made these Chocolate Mousse Brownies twice in the last month. Once for my family and once for a crowd of hungry teenagers. They were a big hit with both groups, and for good reason. They are amazing!
The dense, chewy brownies and the light, fluffy chocolate mousse are both fantastic on their own, but together they equal decadent brownie perfection.
And believe it or not, they are really easy to make. The biggest challenge is not eating all the mousse before you put it on the brownies! This is one of those recipes that will wow your friends and family and make them think you spent hours in the kitchen.
If I want to lighten things up a bit (is that even possible?) I omit the chocolate drizzle and top them with fresh raspberries and a dollop of whipped cream. If you’re looking for an easy but elegant dessert for a special occasion–or just because–these are the brownie for you!
Chocolate Mousse BrowniesINGREDIENTS
For the brownies:
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
For the mousse:
- 3/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 4 ounces chopped semi-sweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional chocolate for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, and salt. Melt butter in a large saucepan and remove from heat. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Quickly whisk in eggs, one at a time.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until well blended. Spread brownie batter into prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool completely.
You can find complete recipes of this Chocolate Mousse Brownies in letsdishrecipes.com