This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake is made with two layers of delicious chocolate cake, and two layers of edible cookie dough then topped with ganache, frosting, and mini chocolate chip cookies!
Alright, one of you needs to slap me for keeping this recipe from you for so long. I made this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake back in March, and it’s now May, seems a little unfair, right? I mean, I would think so, especially since I’ve eaten it and been dreaming about it ever since.
What you’re looking at is layers of rich and soft chocolate cake paired with layers of EDIBLE raw cookie dough. Are the googly eyes happening yet? Wait until it’s topped with a creamy chocolate frosting and chocolate chip cookies. Dying.
I know this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake might seem a little over the top, but that’s kind of how we do things here. And I promise that it’s over the top in all the right ways. Plus, I don’t think there’s a person in the world who could turn a slice of this down!
The bonus of this cake is that it’s WAY easier to make than you might think! Here’s what you need to know about this recipe:
The cake itself is an adapted box mix, by adding things like sour cream, pudding, and chocolate chip you get a downright delicious cake.
The cookie dough layer is incredibly easy to whip up with basic pantry ingredients and then it’s molded using a cake pan.
The frosting is actually a store bought tub of which half has been microwaved and melted to give us a soft ganache-like layer. The other half is then piped on and topped with mini chocolate chip cookies!
See, not too shabby for something that looks and tastes so good! You definitely don’t have to be an experienced baker to make it, but even if you are, you’ll love this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cake all the same.
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CAKEINGREDIENTS :
- 1 Box Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 3.9 oz package Jell-O Instant Chocolate Fudge Pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 1 tub chocolate frosting
- Mini chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all cake ingredients in a large bowl or stand mixer and beat just until combined.
- Line the bottom of two 6-inch pans with parchment paper (like this) and spray with cooking spray.
- Add 2 cups of batter to each pan, bake for 30 to 35 minutes until tops spring back when touched, transfer to a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the sides and add vanilla and milk.
- Scrape down the sides and add flour and salt and mix until combined, fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Divide cookie dough in half and use the 6-inch cake pans to shape each half of the cookie dough into layers.
Place one of the cake layers on a cake stand, gently flip one of the cookie dough layers out onto the first
- cake layer, top with the second cake, then top that with the second cookie dough layer.
- Scoop ⅓ of the frosting into a frosting bag or decorating tool fitted with a large star tip.
- Place the rest of the frosting in the tub in the microwave and melt at 30 seconds intervals stirring between each one until smooth.
- Pour melted frosting over the cake and evenly spread around, let cool for 15 minutes.
- Pipe remaining frosting onto the top of the cake and top with mini chocolate chip cookies.
You can find complete recipes of this CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH CAKE in sugarandsoul.co