With all of the heavier comfort food eating during the winter spring is a time for lighter and healthier fare and up next for me is this super quick, easy and tasty chipotle and lime salmon! The smokey chipotle lime flavour combo is another one of my favourites and it goes so well on melt in your mouth buttery salmon.
This salmon could not be easier, you simply mix the chipotle chilies in adobo with lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper and bake and broil or grill the salmon until just cooked. This chipotle lime salmon makes for a perfect main course with some sides and it’s also great as a filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, salads, etc.
This time I chose to serve it topped with cool and creamy avocado salsa to balance the spicy heat of the chipotle chilies. No matter how you serve it this chipotle lime salmon makes for an amazing light spring or summer meal!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest
- 1 chipotle chili in adobo (or to taste)
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pound salmon fillet
- Puree the oil, lime juice and zest, chipotle chilies, adobo sauce, cumin and garlic in a blender or food
- processor until smooth, place the salmon on foil on a baking sheet, pat dry, season with salt and pepper,
- spread on the chipotle mixture and bake in a preheated 400F/200C oven (or barbecue) until just cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Option: For One-Pan: Make this a one-pan meal by roasting some vegetables like asparagus or green beans along with the salmon!
You can find complete recipes of this Chipotle Lime Salmon in closetcooking.com