I have made these many times now. I love them with ground chicken but ground turkey will work in a pinch. (consider increasing your garlic, salt and pepper when using ground turkey to kick up the flavor a bit).
This has turned out to be the most viewed post on my blog…to say I didn’t see that coming is an understatement. The reason for it’s popularity is because it is so Paleo and Whole30 friendly, not to mention super easy.
To learn more about the Whole30 program, click here! This will take you to Amazon (affiliate link) where you can preview the book. I could never have done the Whole30 without the book! Make a double batch, you will be glad you did! Hellooo lunchbox!
CHICKEN AVOCADO BURGERSNotes:
- I usually cook these on a grill pan indoors, it helps keep the meat moist…but you can certainly grill these outdoors. Just be careful not to overcook.
- When mixing the avocados and forming the patties – go gently to keep the avocado chunks intact. Using a more firm avocado will help as well.
- These will keep for several days in your fridge. I have frozen them as well, and the avocado holds up really great! Wrap individually and store in freezer safe ziploc bag.
- Great add in is chopped Poblano (for a little heat) or chopped Jalapeno (for more heat!)
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large ripe avocado – cut into chunks
- 1 chopped clove of garlic
- ⅓ cup Panko crumbs or Almond meal (to keep it Paleo friendly )
- 1 minced Poblano or Jalapeño pepper (optional but recommended)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl and toss gently.
- Shape into desired size patties and grill inside or out!
You can find complete recipes of this CHICKEN AVOCADO BURGERS in laughingspatula.com