This recipe is so easy to make (only 6 ingredients!), and the flavor is amazing! If you want a little side dish – serve this chicken with brown rice.
This recipe is made in just 2 easy steps! Cook the chicken with bacon until the chicken is browned evenly on both sides, then add some chicken broth, cover the skillet and let the chicken cook for about 5 more minutes until it’s completely cooked through:
cooking chicken and bacon in one skillet
Next (or, you can do it as the first step, before cooking the chicken and bacon) – cook the asparagus and squash in a small amount of water (2 tablespoons) until crisp-tender:
cooking asparagus and squash in a skillet
Combine everything, and voila, your dish is ready!
Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon SkilletIngredients
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 3 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 pound asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1 small yellow summer squash, halved crosswise and cut in 1/2-inch strips
- 4 green onions, cut in 2-inch pieces
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet cook chicken and bacon over medium-high heat 12 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Carefully add broth; cover and cook 3 to 5 minutes more or until chicken is tender and no longer pink (180 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, in microwave-safe 2-quart dish combine asparagus, squash, and 2 Tbsp. water. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Cover with vented plastic wrap. Cook on 100% power (high)
Nutrition Facts (Chicken and Asparagus Skillet Supper)
Per serving: 320 kcal cal., 18 g fat (6 g sat. fat, 3 g polyunsaturated fat, 7 g monounsatured fat), 134 mg chol., 626 mg sodium, 5 g carb., 2 g fiber, 2 g sugar, 32 g pro. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
You can find complete recipes of this Chicken, Asparagus, and Bacon Skillet in bhg.com