California Quinoa Salad – a Whole Foods Market copycat recipe, full of delicious ingredients and super good for you. Simply Delish!
So here I am with another salad recipe again and you might be wondering what’s wrong with me. Where are all the baked goods and desserts? But bear with me here and hear me out. This salad is fabulous! It’s Ah-Mazing!!! It’s out of this world, it’s that good!
And being on my forever quest to get my husband to eat more quinoa, I thought this salad was very appropriate for our dinner tonight. To him, just the thought of quinoa puts him off and would rather not eat a thing. So, as usual, I try and find creative and delicious ways to hide/camouflage quinoa in salads, casseroles, or whatever.
But sometimes I’m not too successful in hiding the quinoa and as he was putzing around the kitchen tonight and saw me cooking quinoa, I saw his face change and the color in his face fade away. And with a very disappointed face he mumbled “I know I said I wanted to eat healthier food, but I meant eat one sausage instead of 2.” And off to his man cave he disappeared.
- ½ cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup water, to cook quinoa
- 1 large mango, chopped in small pieces
- ¼ small red onion, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- ¾ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ¾ cup almond slices or slivers, toasted if preferred
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, or parsley if you don’t like cilantro
- juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Let cool.
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
You can find complete recipes of this California Quinoa Salad in jocooks.com