This is the absolute best herb roast potatoes recipe. Potatoes are sliced Hasselback style and roasted till crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. When roasted, they are brushed with a sweet herb butter on the outside and inside each slice for maximum flavor, and extra juicy buttery feel to perfectly compliment the potatoes. This recipe is the perfect side dish!
If I could have potatoes everyday, I would. I just love them. And I am never picky, fried, roasted, mashed, boiled, stuffed, however. And these best herb roast potatoes are one of my favorites. I bet if you try them, they’ll be your favorite too! Hello– did you perhaps miss this fabulous mashed potato rosemary crisps ? another potato favorite which is a cross between a potato cookies and rosemary mashed potatoes, simply DIVINE!
Well this recipe reminds me of a fun cooking class I made, about a year ago. And it’s one I remember because guests were really fun. I mean don’t get me wrong, I love all my cooking classes, but the mood is unpredictable—just like anything else.
There are days where you feel, hmmm let me lighten up the mood a little and days when you feel wow everyone’s in a good mood today! So just as I remember this class, I also remember my worst class ever where one of the guests decided to break up with her boyfriend in the middle of the cooking class—I suppose you can imagine the fun!
Anyways these were a nice group of professionals who came in after work and it was their boss’s treat and we made a cozy comforting menu which featured soup, dessert, these best herb roast potatoes as a side to roast chicken (hint: this easiest garlic herb roast chicken). They enjoyed them so much they couldn’t stop nibbling on them , and I got several e-mails from them later telling me this recipe became a go to for roast potatoes, potlucks and date nights!
So I can imagine the thing terrifying anyone reading this post who’s rushed on time, is the idea of slicing each potato Hasselback style like that. Ok, yes it needs a bit more time, say 10 mins. But it saves you 20 mins of oven roasting time, so not only does it even out, it’s actually better because of the amount of flavor you’ll infuse into each slice of the whole potato when roasted.
Now the easiest way to do this, is to place you potatoes on a flat surface and hold it on one end. Then take a small sharp knife (a bigger knife will make this harder!) and start slicing about 1/16th inch thin slices (or like 3-4 mm) making sure you don’t slice all the way to the end, just a little more than half way the depth of the potato. And when you reach half way slicing through the potato, switch sides so that the the sliced end is furthest away from you.
BEST HERB ROAST POTATOESINGREDIENTS :
- 2 lbs mini potatoes
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ cup of melted butter or a mixture of butter and olive oil, or entirely olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of mixed fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, basil and oregano
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- pinch of red pepper
- optional: lemon zest, capers, jalapeno, Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place each potato on a flat countertop. Take a small knife, slice along the potato thin slices of about 1/16 inch thickness making sure not to go all the way.
- Slice about half way deep only along the potato.
- Place the sliced potatoes on a parchment lined baking sheet and toss them evenly with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for about 20-25 mins until tender on the inside and crispy on the outside.
- In the meantime, place all the butter ingredients in a small bowl and mix them well.
- Once the potatoes are out of the oven and still how, take a brush or small spoon and divide the butter evenly on the tops, sides and inside each lice of the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
You can find complete recipes of this BEST HERB ROAST POTATOES in twopurplefigs.com