Happy Monday! I hope that everyone had a nice weekend. Despite the torrential downpours and gloomy weather here in northern Florida, I found plenty of things to keep myself busy inside. Baking, organizing and relaxing was the theme for this past weekend. There is something about the wet and gloomy weather that makes me want to bake. Perhaps I just like the idea of something warm and delicious coming out of the oven. So, on Saturday morning I started off the weekend with these banana coconut crunch muffins.
I love how these muffins have bananas, coconut, granola and nuts. All of the ingredients work really well together and no single ingredient outshines the other. The coconut adds something sweet while the granola and nuts add crunch. You could also add some diced walnuts or extra granola to the coconut topping for extra crunch.
BANANA COCONUT CRUNCH MUFFINSINGREDIENTS
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 oz. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup mashed ripe bananas (1 medium banana)
- ½ cup diced ripe bananas
- ½ cup diced walnuts
- ½ cup granola
- ½ cup sweetened shredded coconut + extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the melted butter and blend. Add the egg, milk, vanilla and mashed bananas to the flour-and-butter mixture and mix well. Fold the diced bananas, walnuts, granola and coconut into the batter.
You can find complete recipes of this BANANA COCONUT CRUNCH MUFFINS in spoonfulofflavor.com