It is a recipe I have made a few times in the past and decided to revisit with my own flair. I think I originally made this baked balsamic chicken when we first moved into the house, so it has been a looooong time. And I am not kidding when I say it is quick and easy! Seriously, marinade the chicken, preheat oven, bake for about 40 minutes and you are good to go! We serve ours over rice, but mixed veggies would be nice, too.
I just wanted to add: bone-in and boneless chicken breasts differ GREATLY! Please pay attention to the recipe details. A meat mallet helps pound the chicken so that the entire piece is the same size, resulting in a more even bake.
BAKED BALSAMIC CHICKENIngredients
- 2 lbs bone-in (or boneless) skinless chicken breasts (about 4 pieces)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 tsp. coarse whole grain mustard (optional but delicious!)
- Salt and pepperInstructions
- *You can marinade the chicken overnight or make it as is.
- Combine all the ingredients into a Ziploc bag and give it a good massage with your hands to coat the chicken.
You can find complete recipes of this Baked Balsamic Chicken in thecookiewriter.com