Mayo-free avocado egg salad makes an easy go-to lunch recipe.
All the Fats Egg Salad comin at ya face!
Sometimes we need silly simple things in life to offset all the complicated ones. Lunch should be the easiest thing we do all day, can we agree? How about we put a spinerooski on our lunch routines and enjoy this über simple and sinfully creamy All the Fats Egg Salad, which happens to be made out of just four simple ingredients?
All the Fats Egg Salad. Game.Change.Er.
Does the fact that I refer to this recipe as fatty dissuade you from making it? I certainly hope not. As we all know, I’m a fan of the fat. I read an article in the April issue of Cooking Light that studies show the cholesterol in eggs is not linked to heart disease. This great article from Men’s Health also states the choline in eggs helps your body metabolize fat for energy, so there’s no need to be skurd of the egg salad…unless you eat the entire bowl in one sitting…which I don’t recommend.
In addition, the high-octane monounsaturated fat in avocado is a healthy fat that helps lower bad cholesterol and also boosts your metabolism. Nothing like a little quality fat to help you burn fat. It’s a mind blow, I know.
- 6 eggs, hard boiled
- 1-½ ripe avocados, peeled and mashed
- 1-1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- Add the eggs to a medium-sized pot and cover with a few inches of water. Cover and place on high heat. Bring water to a full (but gentle) boil and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Drain the water and immediately run cold water over the eggs. Transfer eggs to an ice bath and allow eggs to chill for 10 minutes. Refrigerate eggs until ready to use.
You can find complete recipes of this AVOCADO EGG SALAD in theroastedroot.net